Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is This How YOUR Plate looks?


Here is the new recommended guidelines for food portions. I LOVE this new "look" and think that it is very simple to understand and it makes it easy for me to see how well I am doing with my "plate" each day.

Is this how YOUR plate looks at meal time?

Try and keep this in mind at each meal.

I usually eat all my fruit in the morning and at "snack time" and most all of my vegetables at dinner time, so it's easy to switch things up that way... just try to fill up your "plate" with these amounts (Grains and Vegetables, then Fruits and Protein, then Dairy) per day.

When I grocery shop I always make sure to get a lot of "finger foods" that are easy to snack on throughout the day to get the right portions of fruits and vegetables.

Here are some of my favorites:

- Baby Carrots
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Cucumbers (pealed and cut and dipped in Fat Free Catalina Dressing)
- Green Bell Pepper (cut and dip in dressing - my 5 year old loves them plain!)
- Cucumber with peanut butter (vegetable and protein)

- Apple slices with cheese (fruit and protein)
- Bananas
- Oranges, Clementines, Tangelos
- Berries - strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries...

These are just a few ideas... there are SO many options. So don't forget to stop in the produce section!


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Zumba Community? Our members will appreciate it.
    Members include: Zumba Enthusiasts, Instructors, Experts, Studios, Classes, etc.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, Photos and Videos if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often as you like.
    The Zumba Community: http://www.vorts.com/zumba/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete