Sunday, February 26, 2012

On-the-Go SNACKS

When I run out the door in the morning I know that if I don't have SNACKS with me I'll come home a few hours later SO HUNGRY!

I won't want to take the time to think of something "healthy" and will end up eating a bunch of  "junk" that really isn't very filling... and then I will feel bad and frustrated, so I'll eat more cookies since "I already screwed things up".... and the vicious circle goes on-and-on!

Here is my simple solution. I now have a TON of my favorite SNACKS on hand all the time and regularly bring them in the car with me and eat them while I'm driving!

Here are my favorite on-the-go snacks:



- Almonds
- Bananas
- Apples
- Sugar Snap Peas
-  Baby Carrots





I seriously eat at LEAST every 2 hours (probably more often than that!). I have little kids and they are always hungry too, so I have learned to be like a little squirrel and have food stashed everywhere! 

When I am running out the door it is very common to see me with a baby on my hip, gym bag over my shoulder, and a whole bunch of bananas in my hand!

My kids love to eat the little "school boy" sized apples, or sugar snap peas straight from the bag. We all take a handful and pass them around!


I also have a WATER BOTTLE with me at all times. I always keep a full one in my car, and the kids have their sippy cups with water, so we can eat our "snacks" and drink PLENTY of water while we are running errands. Kids (and Mommies) who have full tummies are happier!


Happy Snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment